Anyways, I hope this didn't freak any of my family members out.. I'm only just thinking about the idea for the time being, but when the time comes and I still believe that I want it, I'm going to do it :) We'll see what happens!
I'm now back at school just 3 days a week and the kindergarten every Thursday and Friday. It was an experience being in the kindergarten for 2 entire weeks (give or take a couple days, because I was sick), but it was tiring, ha ha! I hadn't worked with kids in a while.. but it was obviously so much fun to start up again. It's a lot easier said than done though, because now I'm learning to work with kids in a different language, so it makes things pretty interesting. I'm constantly learning new things every single day and it's exciting.. everyone around me is very impressed with my progress, which makes me feel more confident in myself. I've been working my butt off ever since I moved to Norway, trying to establish myself and learn Norwegian, but I find that it's getting easier now.. I obviously have years of learning left to do, but I'm starting to understand and able to speak 'enough' words to get me through. It gives me more hope of being successful in finding a full-time job in the summer! I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.. I have to take things one day at a time.
Lately it's been starting to feel a lot like spring.. but a gutt-feeling is telling me that it's only a false alarm. We've had abnormally nice weather these last couple of weeks and the snow is almost all melted. The sun is now shining almost 12 hours during the day, which is something I am REALLY happy to see again! December through February was pretty dark and gloomy and just borderline depressing! Now the sun is rising around 7am and setting 7pm. This is only going to increase a couple of minutes per day until summer rolls around when the sun will be shining pretty much the entire day! Crazy.. but I love it! Although no one is complaining about the early weather change, there's a rumor that it may snow again. The last couple of mornings have been a little bitter and I had to remember to take with me gloves and a hat. To be honest, I hope it doesn't snow again, but it's also really abnormal for spring to come so early too.. wishful thinking maybe?
As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been trying to find new hobbies. I'm pretty busy in general juggling school, the kindergarten and part-time hours at the flower shop, but I feel like my life has been based so much on routines lately and I'm craving for creativity and something new.. I've gotten more into cooking and baking now and I find it fun to look up new recipes and try to make something that I've never made before! I really wish that I could paint, or make clothes, for example, or accessories, because let's all face it: they are a girl's best friend! The idea of making my own jewelry really appeals to me, but all the materials are so expensive here in Oslo! I sometimes browse through hobby stores downtown after school and my imagination just runs wild.. I met this girl who works at the kindergarten too that works at an indoor climbing gym in the city. This really sparked my interest, because I remember all the times at NEC where we got to go to Vertical Dreams or climb on our ropes course. I always had a BLAST climbing and it made me challenge myself. I would absolutely love to really get into the sport of rock climbing here in Norway once I'm earning a more stable income.. and once my knee recovers a bit more too! It'll be a lot easier to do things like this when I find a better job and don't have to worry so much about money all the time. She invited me to come climbing with her one day, so I'm definitely going to take her up on that offer and see where it goes! There's so many things that I want to accomplish, but all things take time.. so right now I can only dream ;) I know that anything is possible though, and I'm going to make my dreams a reality!
No comments:
Post a Comment