Saturday, April 10, 2010

the end is near...

Tomorrow we’ll be in Ghana (btw I’m only 4 hours ahead now!), 11 days we’ll be in Brazil, 25 days we’ll be in FL, and 27 days I’ll be back in NH; just to give you an idea of how close this journey is really coming to an end… so that’s a little shy of 4 weeks and I’ll be home.  Wow. It’s gonna fly by too, especially with the work load that has been dropped on my plate, which will at least keep me busy when we’re at sea, because I’ve become really antsy now when we’re cooped up on the ship. At first it was fun, an adventure, but now I know what to expect haha… there’s not necessarily a lot to do on a 600ft ship to possibly occupy the full 24 hours in a day.  I have one more FDP, or SAS trip to go on for a class (Psychiatric Hospital in Accra for my Identity Development class), a 15 minute presentation on arranged marriage in India, focused on negative effects such as divorce on the high rise (for the same ID class), our Global Studies project that I’m working on with 5 others on Sustainability and Education, focused on the lives of high school seniors around the world… which is gonna be a huge part of our grade and a food journal that I’ve been putting together for my Anthropology of Food class! Other than that I’ll have small assignments here and there and take home tests and exams, which don’t happen until a few days into our voyage back to the US after Brazil. 

 

I’ve met some amazing people on this journey and have made really good friends who I’m gonna miss greatly… makes me sad to think about it, because I have mixed feelings about parting ways with them. But, that’s life and I’m sure I’ll be crossing paths with a handful of them at some point or another… after I make some more money so that I can actually travel to visit them lol. Most of them come from California, Colorado, Wisconsin and Rhode Island areas, so all over the country!! The whole being broke thing after this trip hasn’t been settling very nicely in my mind… I actually would rather not think about it!!! Because after it’s all said and done, it was worth it. Every last second and every last penny… it was worth it.

 

I’m ready to come home though. I’m ready to reunite with family and friends and my incredible boyfriend who has stuck by my side throughout this whole experience (and I hope you’ll be reading this at some point!), ‘cause babe, you mean the world to me and I just wanted to thank you for being so supportive throughout this whole thing, I couldn’t ask for anything better, I love you!!

 

So Ghana… tomorrow! It’s gonna be difficult to travel around, so like I mentioned in my previous entry I’m mostly gonna be traveling with SAS and gonna try to get on that trip the 3rd day, so I don’t have to worry about planning anything… tomorrow though the girls and I are just gonna head into Accra and explore and do some shopping!! Still don’t really know what to expect, but that’s the exciting part and what I’ve learned to look forward to when going to a new country on our itinerary.  Like I’ve always done, I’ll update again after I’m back on the ship, post pictures, etc… so ‘til then <3

No comments:

Post a Comment