Alright, so here’s the deal: I’m going to be in Brazil the day after tomorrow (we’ve been on the ship for 5 days—crossing the Atlantic!) and I’m heading to Rio de Janeiro baby!!! Pretty pumped about it… although rumor has it that Christ the Redeemer (Jesus statue) is gonna be covered!? I know for a fact that the roads/trails that lead up to it will absolutely be closed because of all the mudslides Rio has been experiencing, but a TARP over IT??? I’m crossing my fingers and praying that it won’t be the case… because I at least wanna see it!!!! When you think Rio, you think that. It would be a bummer that’s for sure! As of right now I don’t have really any solid plans whatsoever when I arrive in Rio… to save money we’re probably gonna just hit up the beaches, heard they were pretty nice! We always find something to do, so not too worried at all. Gonna be in Salvador for the last night and day we’re in Brazil too… hanging out with the girls! One last “hoo-rah” all together, so sad :( I know some of the friendships that I’ve made on this ship are going to last forever.
This trip has changed my life!!! I’m so lucky to have been able to have an experience such as this… it’ll definitely be bittersweet getting off the ship in FL and saying goodbye to everyone.
So, how about that volcano erupting in Iceland?? I’ve been so deprived of current news and updates… when my boyfriend told me about it I didn’t believe him at first until he sent me the link to an article. Pretty intense… and just in a little over a month’s time I’ll be flying into Iceland myself, for a lay-over on my way to Norway (pretty pumped about that also)!!! Man oh man, and before that I’ll be in NYC with Anders and his family for a week and get to see my best friend and get to celebrate my 21st birthday down there too! Ahhh, so much to look forward to when I get home… YAY! I do need to finalize my summer job situation too when I get back, but I’m optimistic that it’ll all work out. I decided to let down this residential camp I was going to work at all summer and am now gonna be working at this girl’s shelter where I’ll finally be able to work with the population of kids that I want to work with in the future! Also am looking forward to spending some quality time at home this summer as well… then I’ll be back to NEC before I know it for field hockey and “real” school LOL, hope I’ll be able to make the transition! My class schedule next fall is legit too, so I’m actually pretty excited about going back… can’t believe I’m gonna be a SENIOR either… yikes.
Anyways, I only have 2 more classes left after Brazil, then finals!! I have 2 in-class finals, 2 take-home tests and a group project on education around the world that we’ve been working on this entire voyage… we have a 10 day stretch after Brazil until we reach Fort Lauderdale and are back on US soil—18 days to go! It’s gonna fly by.

No comments:
Post a Comment