Monday, December 19, 2011
back in the USA!
Last night I touched down in Boston, after a long and a little bit uncomfortable journey from Oslo. I've become accostumed to flying by now, but the close quaters always seem to get the best of me. My knee cramps up like no tomorrow and whenever I had to get up to use the bathroom, I found it hard to walk. Good thing I will be going to see one of the my old physical trainers today, so that he can review my recovery of my knee. Tomorrow it will be exactly 1 year since I had surgery on it... it still isn't 100% recovered yet, and maybe it never will be, but I'm hoping I can get some good advice on how to improve it faster. Last night instead of taking a bus back up to New Hampshire, I stayed overnight at my best friend Lauren's appointment in the city. I was glad I did, because the last thing I wanted was another hour and a half plus trip back to NH. I was pooped. It felt pretty awesome to finally stretch my legs, relax, and eat some quality American food :P Now I'm sitting on the Concord Coach bus right now, heading back up to Concord!!! I am super excited for the next couple weeks and to spend Christmas and New Years home with my family and friends. It really is the best Christmas gift I could ever asked for! It feels a little bizarre to be back after 6 months though, especially filling out my US Costums Form on the plane when I had to write down that my permenant residence was actually Norway, not the US. Ha ha, that brought up a question or 2 from the officers. It's pretty cool though I think... I definitely can say that I have the best of 2 worlds; Norway and the US. I feel really thankful and blessed. The next couple days I will be going to appointments, doing errands, and enjoying being at my house my family and pets! I'm so pumped. I will write again later in the week. Happy Holidays everybody :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment