Over this past weekend, Anders and I celebrated 2 years being together! We went hiking up Kolsåstoppen, (a mountain near by, only takes an hour to hike up), Anders made a delicious chicken dinner, then we met up friends whom we hadn't seen in a while at a bar/club in Sandvika. Overall, it was a great day. Sunday night we had family dinner at Anders' father's house which consisted of fish (caught by Anders' father) and rømmegrøt, a Norwegian traditional sour cream porrige, which a lot of Norwegians eat with fish. You sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on the top, then eat it as is, or pour on top of fish. It was DELICIOUS. We then had homemade eplekake (apple cake) with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Norwegian vanilla ice cream is so good, because it's so creamy. Family dinner last night made me REALLY think about home again and I had a moment where I was homesick. I miss all my family and friends! Being homesick is natural though... I kind of took a break from Norwegian this weekend, so this week I'm really going to have to push myself to study more and to practice speaking more. Less than a month now until we move into our apartment!! Woo hoo!

View from the top.

Another view from the top.

We're on top of the world!

Me!

On the hike back down...

Anders surprised me with red roses! What a sweetie :)
No comments:
Post a Comment