Anders and I finally have an apartment!!! We are VERY excited and get to move in on October 17th! It is in Oslo, but on the outskirts, in an area called Oppsal, which is on the east side of the city. It is only about a 15 minute T-bane ride into the center, so it's a peaceful oasis from the hustle and bustle of downtown. We've been told it's also only a 15 minutes walk away from the woods AND from a lake, which will be so nice in the spring and summer months. I cannot wait to check out the woods nearby and find some good hiking trails I can go on this fall!
We got very lucky in landing this apartment... we only went to look at it yesterday!! We saw it online and contacted the realtor and was told that the apartment had no bids on it after its showings, so we got to meet with the owner last night and placed a bid to the realtor when we got home! We found out this morning that it was ours :) We are VERY happy and excited to move in! We are being given a lot of furniture and necessities that we will need in the apartment from Anders' family, which is a huge plus, because we'll need to be pretty conservative on what we decide to buy for the apartment in the near future...
I went to the Immigration Office this morning to hand in my paperwork for my new visa, so it is finally taking off and should take no longer than 2 months for my permit to come in! Good news with this is that I'll be able to come home in January for a little bit, but not sure on the dates yet. I may have to keep in mind if I will be working or not, but I have no idea yet about work still and was told this morning that I can't work until I physically get my permit, so that's another 2 months that I will need to wait... the bad news. But, I am looking frequently online at available positions and have been in contact with some companies, so hopefully I can land a part-time job after we settle into the apartment. We'll see! I can only hope for the best now... I have a general idea of how my future could pan out and I don't hate it ;) Pretty soon I'll be applying for my Masters at UiO for Special Needs Education!
Here's a link to pictures of our apartment:
http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/homes/object?finnkode=30372863
No comments:
Post a Comment