Not us. Haha… unfortunately the Caribbean Sea, my floor, didn’t even place. So that means we’re gonna be one of the last floors off the ship when we get into Florida, but oh well. So as you can probably assume, the Sea Olympics were today, and although I was pretty pumped about it, the rest of my team wasn’t as enthused, but overall though, it was a really FUN day!!! Let’s see if I can give a play by play of the day… first off I woke up the earliest I’ve EVER woken up on the ship before, (besides when I had to meet my group for Nha Trang at 3:45am), because we were supposed to set our clocks back last night and I never did! I got to see my first sunrise on the ship! It was beautiful, but I know I probably won’t be seeing too many others while I’m here haha I value my sleep! I didn’t even sleep out on the deck, the night we had all planned to, because it was pouring! Go figure. Anyways, so today was jam-packed with events, everything from extreme musical chairs, family feud, synchronized swimming, lip sync contest, relay race, tug-of-war, Simon says… and so much more! I participated in crab soccer, which is soccer but played walking around like a crab… I later regretted signing up for that event, because now my hands are all blistered up, it sucks. It’s one of the most painful things ever… I’m definitely gonna be feeling pretty uncomfortable for a while unfortunately! The synchronized swimming and lip sync competitions were absolutely hilarious!!! There was just so much excitement all day long and it was fun to see everyone all dressed up in their team colors and rooting each other on. My team was the Pirates of the Caribbean (got renamed from purple people eaters) and we were all decked out in purple! We had this amazing dinner later on which reminded me a lot of home and summer afternoons, BBQ style. We had everything from hamburgers, ribs, corn on the cob, potato salad, baked beans… it was awesome.
I’ll keep this entry short and sweet, there’s not too much to talk about at the moment!! Just same old stuff for the most part when I’m back at sea. But we’ll be arriving in India in 4 days! Exciting stuff!
Stay tuned :)

No comments:
Post a Comment