HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to all my friends and family back home! I wore my red, white and blue today, but it's not like I stuck out like a sore thumb or anything, because Norway's colors are also the same.
I've now had 1 full week of Norwegian classes and I have learned A TON!!! It's amazing how much I have soaked up and how much I will continue to learn everyday.. my vocabulary is growing very rapidly. I am now able to pick up words, here and there, when I'm out and about and have even been able to communicate a little at home with Anders and his family. I have even been able to exchange a few words with Anders' grandmother who can only count to 10 in english. She was very proud of me!! :)
We had our first test on Friday, on the first couple chapters and I got a 91% (out of 100%)!! Pretty good, right!? We have been tacking a lot of grammar lately, which is by far the hardest part of learning any language and we are learning several new words a day!
Since my last post I have met a lot of Anders' family, whom I hadn't met before, I've done a little hiking, some running, a little shopping, hanging out with friends and just enjoying this beautiful country <3 I cannot wait for people to come visit me at some point so that I can show them how much I love it here!
This week will probably be similar to last week.. as for the next 5 weeks to follow. The weather has been very unpredictable, similar to NH weather, so I'm hoping that this week the sun will come out some more. That would be nice!
XOXO
Good to see that you got a 91%. We want more! Love dad and joy
ReplyDelete