Monday, January 25, 2010

Aloha!

It’s a little after 12:30am and in a little more than 5 hours we’ll be porting in Hilo, Hawaii!!! This experience still is so surreal to me, I feel like it’s more like a vacation more than anything! Haha.  But, don’t worry I am learning something! My classes have been really engaging and interesting and the best part about them is that now when we port at all these different countries we’ll be able to get first hand experiences… which not many people get to have.  I feel almost like a little kid again… all these experiences I’m going to be having within the next few months will all be firsts for me, which is beyond exciting!!! I feel really lucky. 

 

There really haven’t been any complaints thus far in the voyage, besides the rough waters at the beginning of the week.  I did hear though that once we leave Hawaii for Japan we’re gonna bump into even rougher waters, but I guess we’ve gotten accustomed to it, so hopefully (crossing my fingers) it won’t be all that bad.  It’s gonna be an interesting transition too, going to Japan, because every day will get colder and colder.  Japan and China are cold during the winter months (just like home), so they’ll be our coldest ports that we’re going to… hopefully I won’t lose the nice tan I’ve got going on!  :)

 

Today was a really good day! Great weather and high spirits! Today we realized we were not alone, when we woke to seeing another ship in our waters, which was cool to see, as well as more wildlife, like Hawaiian albatrosses and flying fish!!! Apparently before the sun went down people claimed to see the silhouette of land in the distance… sooo soon! Laid out for a couple hours today up on the deck and actually participated in a yoga class! Good stuff. Once we’re able to get off the ship tomorrow a bunch of us are going to explore the area with no real plans, which will be an adventure! We’re gonna be true adventur”ers” as our Global Studies teacher would say lol.

 

Bring it on Hawaii!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment