It is absolutely gorgeous out right now. I'm sitting on the top dock of the ship and practically everybody is laying out in their swim suits, soaking up the sun. I would be doing the same thing if I didn't have class soon... can't wait 'til it's over so I can soak up some rays too. This is the life. We have 4 more days until we reach our 1st port and I've been trying to plan out the trips I want to go on... for a couple of my classes I have to go on 3 required FDPs, which are Field Directed Practica that are worth 30% of my grade. Im also trying to figure out which SAS sponsored trips Im going to buy as well as trying to plan independent traveling too. Theres just so much I want to do!!! So far here is what I'm thinking...
Hilo:
BEACHHH
Honolulu:
Polynesian Cultural Center (for my Identity Development class)
Diamond Head hike (SAS trip)
Yokohama:
Buy Japan rail pass & probably travel to Tokyo for a couple nights... (Independent)
Kobe:
Rail pass continued (Independent)
Tea Ceremony (SAS trip)
Shanghai:
Zujaijaio Water Village (SAS trip)
Hong Kong:
Buddhist Monastery & Lantau Island (SAS trip)
Viet Nam:
Nha Trang beach/island excursion (SAS trip)
Co Chi tunnels (for my Environmental Ethics class possibly)
Chennai:
Yoga
Orphanage Service Visit (for both my Identity Development & Environmental Ethics class)
Mental Global Health Discussion on ship (for my Identity Development class)
Cochin:
Alleppey Backwaters (SAS trip)
SOS Childrens Village (for my Environmental Ethics class possibly)
Mauritius:
Adventure Park & beach (zip lining!!!)(SAS trip)
Catamaran (Independent)
Cape Town:
Cycling through the vineyards & wine tasting (Independent)
Habitat for Humanity project (SAS trip)
Abseiling off Table Mountain! (Independent)
Ghana:
Mona Monkeys & waterfalls (SAS trip)
Torgorme Village Visit (SAS trip)
Brazil:
Hopefully go into Rio (Independent)
Maybe plan a visit to the Amazon
(Independent)
The ship is rocking like CRAZYYY, but it is beautifulll, gotta run to class!!! :)
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
the scoop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I MISS YOU SO MUCH!
ReplyDeleteSomething you might want to check out: my understanding is that Japan Rail Passes are only available for purchase outside the country. You might want to ask around about them in Hawaii.
ReplyDelete