Friday, January 29, 2010

rain, rain go awayyy

Got our first rain today… kinda depressing.  Especially since we just left beautiful, sunny Hawaii! So much for that tan!!! Haha. It’s pouring outside right now so it doesn’t leave much room for options, since we’re back to being surrounded by nothing but ocean.  You already feel isolated as it is so by not being able to go outside at least is torture lol. Maybe this way I’ll finally get some stuff done, like catching up on reading for classes and starting to write a paper I have due soon…

 

The countdown to Japan begins.   Can’t promise I’ll have anything really exciting to write about until I port again, because I’ll have classes every day up until then… I’m going to be itching to get off this boat!!! At least it gives us plenty of time to sit down and plan Japan!  We’re thinking about staying in Yokohama for a night, Tokyo for a couple nights possibly, stopping in Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima and trying to plan to stay at a Buddhist monastery for the night in the misty mountains.  Would definitely  be an experience, that’s for sure, and something most people wouldn’t normally think about doing.  And from what I learned from Hawaii, those kind of trips are the trips worth doing! Got my rail pass all squared away, so I won’t have to worry about transportation at all, just food and lodging.  We shall see what happens! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment