It feels like we’ve been back on this ship for weeks, when it’s only been a week, or 6 perhaps because we lost a day? I really have no sense of time on the ship, but thank god I purchased a cheap wrist watch the last day in Hawaii, because now I’m not asking every other person I see what time it is lol! Time zones have been changing so dramatically every day, so it’s hard to keep up. I guess we’re technically 24 hours in advance right now, but had to turn our clocks back another hour last night… who the heck knows!!!
It was another rainy/cloudy day in the middle of the ocean yesterday, but I was pretty productive. Got some work done and traveling planning squared away. Hope today will be better! Have my first test in Environmental Ethics though… ekk.
You guys will probably all get a kick out of this but I tried this little experiment to see if I could go without eating dessert until I get to Japan, bahaha let’s just say: complete failure!!! The food here has been very satisfying to me, although a lot of people complain about it. Breakfast always consists of some kind of fruit, bread, eggs, meat, yogurt, potatoes and French toast or pancakes. Lunch and dinner both consist of some kind of fruit, bread, salad, pasta, meat, vegetarian dishes, potatoes and of course dessert! Every day is something different though, even down to the kind of salad dressings that are offered, so I’m not really complaining. They are all buffet style too, which is dangerous, because you need to know when to stop. But, no worries, although being a good eater I’ve been learning how to control how much I eat.
These last few days I’ve been thinking about home a lot lately and I miss it!!! Especially my boyfriend. Although it’s hard sometimes to communicate solely by e-mail, every day that passes brings me one day closer to him, and being home again, and to share my experiences with the ones I love the most!! I love and miss you so much Anders!! You are the best thing that has ever happened to me<3
It’s been less than a week shy of being a month since I left NH for San Diego, and traveled down to Ensenada to board this ship. Already I have been noticing my own personal transformations. I’ve been realizing that the world is much bigger than what I knew growing up in NH my whole life, and not having the opportunities to travel very much at all. I feel so lucky to have been able to have such an amazing opportunity like this, but I wouldn’t have been able to do it without all the support from my family and friends. This trip so far has helped me mature and grow up a little, realizing that you can make your dreams a reality if you stick with it. I’m traveling the world! Who would have “thunk it” as my Grampa would say ;)
My world has already been turned upside down, and I haven’t even gotten to the good stuff yet. There’s only a matter of time until I get the cultural shock of a lifetime that I’ve been waiting for! Japan will be the first test…
No comments:
Post a Comment