So a tradition on Semester At Sea are the Sea Olympics, which I thought would be appropriate to talk about since the actual Olympics are happening right now! Wish we could watch those btw… all I have are CNN updates online, which we can view for free. Can’t believe that guy from Georgia died in the luge… what a tragic way to start off the Olympics! Anyways, so the teams on the ship are broken up into the seas, or floors that we live on. My sea is the Caribbean, and I’m one of the captains!! Our LLC, or RA I guess you could call him, elected me to do it because he knew I’d be able to pump people up about it. So our team color is purple and our team name is the purple people eaters!!! Hahaha so hilarious… so the Sea Olympics are in between Viet Nam and India, so they are coming up soon!!! Tonight we had a sea meeting where I had everyone sign up for the events they wanted to do… there are some pretty funny ones, like synchronized swimming and lip sync (our song is “Eye of the Tiger”) and traditional relay race events like tug-of-war and spin the bat. We have to come up with our own cheer/chant and create a flag/banner which will be displayed in one of the main areas of the ship. I think I signed up for Sea Fued, which will be like Family Fued and world cup of crab soccer… which should be interesting haha! In China, Helen and I are gonna try to find a lot of purple paint and maybe some purple fabric so that we can go all out when the day comes… I’m all about winning this whole thing, because the prize is getting off the ship first in Florida! I can’t believe it has already been a month since I left the East Coast. China in 2 days! Woooo :)
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone<3
No comments:
Post a Comment