Had to change the clocks back by another hour tonight, on top of the other hour from last night too… now I think I’ve figured out this whole time zone thing and I’m 14 hours ahead of home back on the East Coast!! Can’t believe we only have 1 more whole day standing between us and Japan!!! I’ve never been so anxious to get back on land! Apparently there was an earthquake south of Japan and because of it we’ve been experiencing bad weather… the last couple days and nights have been one hell of an adventure that’s for sure! We’ve been stuck in stormy weather and the Captain was so concerned that it might get worse that he changed the course of the ship meaning that we aren’t going to arrive in Japan the time we allotted. We won’t know for sure though until tomorrow how much we’ll be delayed. All I know is that just laying in bed, as I’m doing at the moment, I feel like I’m on a rollercoaster… no lie. You would think that a ship this size wouldn’t rock that much, but the sea swells are about 15 feet high, and probably even bigger now, which they tend to do at night. Being in my cabin makes it feel more dramatic and freaky I guess you could say, especially not having a window to see what the hell is going on outside! Thank god our neighbors introduced us to duck tape though, which we’ve been using to secure our drawers at night, it’s a fool proof plan! I got some cool pictures though of the swells when the sun was setting earlier… getting tossed around by the waves almost looked quite beautiful in a sense, the way the ocean looked, the color of the sky and the way the sun hit the water. But anyways, I try not to hype myself up too much about it because I know I’m safe.
Tonight was pretty eventful, we had another “coffee house” night or open mic night and who knew how much talent we had on the ship!!! Everything from people reading poetry, to stand up comedy, to piano playing and singing and guitar… I was very impressed! We had our first Global Studies test tonight too, which wasn’t as eventful. I’m not sure how confident I am on how I did… multiple choice tests have proven to be difficult for me so far on this trip for some reason.
Tonight we (Me, Helen, Molly, Gabe & David) finished the entire True Blood second season… which I’ve already seen, but was more than willing to watch it all over again with them lol! Tomorrow we have no classes but they want us to attend a bunch of seminars about Asia, hence being called “Asia Day.” I think it’ll be interesting, but I’m looking forward to sleeping in though too… hopefully I’ll get a better night’s sleep especially after our steward, Rene, gave Molly and I each a second pillow!! He’s a life saver! On that note, think I’m gonna try to get some shut eye… goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment