My mom got me this travel journal for Christmas to take with me on my trip and in it on every other page or so, there is a quote about traveling, seeing the world, etc. Here are some I really like a lot:
“Traveling is not just seeing the new: it is also leaving behind. Not just opening doors: also closing them behind you, never to return. But the place you have left forever is always there for you to see whenever you shut your eyes.” –Jan Myrdal
“Life is a journey, and love is what makes that journey worthwhile.” –Unknown
“The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” –Samuel Johnson
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we would find it not.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” –Confucius
“It is good to have an end to journey towards: but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” –Ursula K. Le Guin
“Bless not only the road but the bumps on the road. They are all part of the higher journey.” –Julia Cameron
But here is the best one I think…
“The world is a great book… they who never stir from home read only a page.” –St. Augustine
And btw, that picture above: that’s Nha Trang and that’s where I’m going to in a couple days! Unreal.

I'm going on the upcoming fall 2010 voyage. I somehow came across your blog, and I love it. So keep up the updating, Its great to hear your adventures!
ReplyDelete