Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the day after tomorrow

We don’t have much of a break once again in between countries, so really not much time to relax and process everything that we just experienced.  We’re going to be porting in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam the day after tomorrow, the 26th… and we’re gonna be there for 5 days.  I have a lot of stuff planned, and this time around pretty much all SAS based.  The first day I’m going to the Cu Chi tunnels, which were created by the Viet Cong during the wars to launch strategic attacks, so I think those will be neat to see!! The next day, Saturday, I’ll be leaving for an overnight trip to Nha Trang, which I signed up for before coming onto the ship, before Christmas.  It’s a 3 day/2 night all inclusive trip where I’m going to be able to explore some of Viet Nam’s beautiful coastline and off-shore islands! Here’s kind of a brief outline on what I’ll be doing:

 

Sat. Feb. 27:  Depart Ho Chi Minh City Airport for 1 hr flight to Nha Trang.  Have a full-day city orientation, including Long Son Pagoda, the famous Cham Towers at Po Nagar, Hon Chong Rocks, the central market, Bao Dai Villas, Oceanographic Institute and a cultural show at night!

Sun. Feb. 28:  Full-day  boat trip around Nha Trang where we’ll be able to swim, explore the uninhabited islands and try seafood at a local village.  After dinner we have the night at our leisure to venture around!

Mon. Mar. 1:  Free time to explore again, before flying back to Ho Chi Minh City later that evening!! Which means for me, probably relaxing, tanning on the beach, maybe get a massage… haha

 

Then Tuesday, our last day in port, probably will just explore Ho Chi Minh City.  Shopping is going to be really great and cheap, but then again I’ve already bought lots of stuff!! I definitely want to get a dress tailored or something though… we’ll see! I’ll update more in a few days or so <3

No comments:

Post a Comment