Friday, February 12, 2010
what an unforgettable night.
So as you all know I stayed at this Buddhist monastery last night up in the mountains and it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had!!! It was freezing though... haha I definitely was NOT prepared for this kind of weather, but I'm managing! This morning we were woken up by the monks and got to participate in a traditional Buddhist praying session and got to watch a fire ceremony... so powerful!!! Tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures of this too, just gotta find an internet cafe first! This town is so amazing... after we check out Helen, Molly and I are going to branch off from our group and walk through this cemetary that is famous here then check out some of the cool little shops along the main strip, then catch the cable car back down the mountain to meet the train to head to Hiroshima. It's gonna be another long day of traveling, but it'll give us some time to rest on the train at least. If we have time we might try to stop in Nara before we head back to meet up with our ship tonight... keep reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment