Just a couple hours ago we left Kobe and will be arriving in Shanghai in less than 3 days! Ahh, I’m super exhausted from traveling in Japan, but really excited to see China. We’re gonna have 8 full days there… the plan is to have 2 full days in Shanghai, an afternoon in Suzhou, 1 full day in Wuhan, 1 full day in Guangzhou, possibly still 1 full day in Macau and 2 full days in Hong Kong!! It’s gonna be an adventure that’s for sure, but think I’m more ready for it this time around… especially after picking up some cheap gloves and a hat in Japan lol! Don’t know if it’ll be as cold as the places I went to in Japan, but it’ll definitely still be cold!
Yesterday at Hiroshima we arrived just in time for the last call of people to be let into the Peace Memorial Museum. We only had a half hour to walk around the entire museum, which was pretty big, so it was kind of a disappointment, but I guess we were lucky to have gotten into it at all. From the half hour of the museum I saw, it was moving and heart wrenching. It reminded me of how I felt years ago, back in high school, when I went to the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC. I couldn’t bear to look at some of these pictures and artifacts from the bombing, or take pictures of some things for that matter. I felt sick in my stomach at times because of the things I saw, but I was glad that I saw them. It definitely was a must see in Japan. We also walked around the park for a bit too where the Dome Memorial is located, the exact location above where the bomb went off. Amazing how any of it is even still standing…
After, we found an outdoor mall which we browsed through until we decided to head to Kobe to meet up with the ship, last night. This morning after I woke up I decided to walk downtown where I found wireless internet. I think if I have more time in China I’m going to try and upload my photos onto Snap Fish, or something, so you all can see the pictures I’ve taken so far, which is around 700!!! With SAS I went to a tea ceremony in Kyoto for the rest of the afternoon which was a neat experience and I learned a lot!
Just watched Surf’s Up on the TV in our cabin… good stuff. Back to class tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment