Hope you guys all enjoyed the pictures I posted from Hong Kong, they took me absolutely forever to put up! There’s free wifi in the mall which we’re docked next to, but it was so slow and lagging… but I managed to do it right before I had to board the ship! We’re leaving tonight for Viet Nam… can’t believe China is over!!! Went by fast, but man was it a blast!!! I can’t believe how much I was able to see and experience… everything from Shanghai to Yangshuo and Hong Kong, just so awesome. Excited for Viet Nam, because of the heat and beaches though… which means total relaxation! Yay. I feel like I’m on a 3.5 month long vacation! Haha I’m loving every second of it :)
Last night was a lazy evening, just went to this cool market where I bought a few more gifts (surprise, surprise haha) and bought myself an Ed Hardy sweatshirt which I really wanted to get! Shopping in China has been phenomenal… I was really happy about all my buys, especially because everything was pretty cheap.
So I definitely had my doubts about SAS trips, because of prior trips that I’ve been on, but today was so much fun!! They hooked us up for sure. We went to Lantau Island, which is the largest outlying island of Hong Kong. First we went to a look-out point of Lantau Lake and crossed over the largest suspension bridge in the entire world, called Tsing Ma Bridge (which I forgot to put a picture of it up, oops!). It just reminded me of the Golden Gate Bridge (Nikki… you remember walking across that!? That was so cool). Then we stopped at Sha Beach, a beautiful white sand beach… who knew that Hong Kong had beaches like that!!! Btw, it was a gorgeous day… sun shining, warm… at times I wish I hadn’t worn jeans and kept having to take off my sweatshirt. I was loving it… especially after freezing in Japan and China lol. Yeah I love the winter, I’m from NH, but also am growing accustom to this warm-weather-all-year-round concept haha. After that we went to this really cool fishing village, called Tai O, where houses were all built on stilts… then traveled to Po Lin Monastery where we had yet another vegetarian lunch, which was very appetizing. Got to see the largest outdoor bronze Buddha in the entire world too!!! It stands 26m high and looks over gorgeous scenery of the mountains and the bay. The best part of all was be able to ride this cable car, or gondola, down the mountain and over the bay where we met our buses that would take us back to the ship!!! We were so high up. Was kinda a little freaky, but just kept it mind that it was kinda like a ski lift… haha but like 100x more extreme!! I loved it though, the views from the ride were unbelievable!!!
So I’m back on the ship, which means back to work for a couple days! I feel like I haven’t had classes in forever… I have some work to catch up on, plus really need to start hitting up the gym again. Lost my routine once we hit Japan because we barely were on the ship at all for like 2 weeks… ugh. Need to start getting some good food back in my system too, which got all messed up in Japan and China, because half the time I didn’t know what I was eating! I’m just craving American food like crazy now, but know that it’ll probably only get worse, because of the next couple countries that we’re going to. I’m also in desperate need to do laundry!!! I’m running out of clothes fast because the last time we got to do laundry was before Japan, which was over 2 weeks ago… my floor’s turn was supposed to be tomorrow, but apparently it got changed. I’m praying it’ll be this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment